Thursday, March 27, 2008

Wedding quilt


Our nephew and his new bride are delighted with their wedding quilt. It was great fun to make, using the ideas presented in Judy Sisneros' creative book, "9-Patch Pizzazz: Fast, Fun & Finished in a Day". It was fast (relatively speaking), and it was fun, but it was definitely NOT finished in a day.



 I have fabrics selected to make a second one, as soon as two more quilts in progress are completed. The heart feather border quilting was enjoyable to stitch, and I would definitely use that motif again.

The groom's cousin was so inspired when she saw this quilt top, that she set out to make her own version. I haven't seen it yet, but look forward to her photos.

2 comments:

Lise in Norway said...

This was realy nice. They are lucky to have a aunt who make so nice present to them

Jacqui's Quilts said...

Hey Susan:

I am in awe of your gorgeous quilting!! That fish scale quilting is so nice and even. I've been tempted to try something like that, but am afraid it'll be really uneven and that I won't like it. I'll have to try it on some scrap first! The colours on that quilt are so nice. The 9 patch Pizzazz quilt is very pretty too! Great to get a couple quilts done.

Hugs, Jacqui