Monday, April 14, 2014

Every once in a while I think about my blogs, and then I get busy with something else. It is a grey and windy day , and jotting a few notes seems like just the thing.


Life has changed greatly since the last time I wrote. Loved ones have passed on, and new loved ones have joined our family. I am now a Grandma of a charming six year old and a darling almost 19 month old.


I have given up my regular assignment of teaching Music, and now do occasional teaching, mainly Special Education. I enjoy it very much, and it is lovely to have a flexible schedule, allowing for babysitting, attending guild and doll club meetings,  and occasional travel.


I have started quilting again, and that is a good thing. Sadly, our lovely local quilt shop has closed business, but some of us have started a weekly quilting group in the basement of a local chapel. The group is open every Wednesday and Thursday, and we can set up our machines Wednesday morning and leave them up until Thursday afternoon. Very convenient! It is inspiring to see what others are working on, and supportive to enjoy friendship, chatter, and advice while working on our own projects.


One of the smaller quilts I have been working on for several months now is Vintage Nine Patch by Primitive Gatherings. It was fun to learn a new technique for making perfect little 9 patch blocks, two at a time. Now I am doing the wool applique in the inside borders. I am surprised at how long this little quilt is taking. It is comforting to have it ready to pick up and work on in odd moments. A quilting friend and I shared fabrics and also added in prints from our own stashes, so it will be fun to compare them when both quilts are completed.


I have also been working on tiny silk tie hexagons for miniature quilt projects. Here is a little pillow with appliqued hexagons. You may recognize the miniature tumbler quilt from an earlier post.


I deboned a few more silk ties last evening, and also received a lovely surprise package of silk tie pieces from a friend in last week's mail, so I am looking forward to making more little hexagons very soon.

I will be looking for old photos to update previous posts.






No comments: